We’ve been getting quite a crop of fresh apricots this year and I wanted to try my hand at making an impromptu jam out of it.
- 5 apricots
- 3 peaches
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Gently wash all the fruit, de-pit, and chop into small pieces
- Over medium heat add all the ingredients together
- Stir every few minutes while cooking for about 30 minutes
- You'll know it's done when the fruit is only soft small pieces, and the jam is thin but not watery
- Fill your canning jars and let cool before capping.
- This made exactly 2 pints of jam for me but size of your fruit will cause a little variation.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/