I found the perfect Xmas gift in a recipe from Bakerella. These do take a bit of effort but they wow effect that they produce is worth it!
- 1 box of Oreos
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 package white chocolate melts
- Grind the whole package of Oreos in the food processor.
- Add the cream cheese to the ground up bits of Oreo and mix the up really, really well. This takes a while so get comfortable.
- Roll the cream cheese/oreo mixture into golf ball or smaller sized balls. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Put the balls in the fridge for 30 minutes or they will fall apart. While waiting melt your chocolate in a double boiler.
- Coat each of the balls in white chocolate by rolling them in the chocolate and using a spoon to help you get off the excess chocolate. Place coated ball back on baking sheet and let dry.
- You can pipe colored chocolate on to them or whatever you like. I wrapped mine in special cellophane and tied it with a bow on each end.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/