These are really simple and delicious meatballs good on top of pasta or just by themselves. You don’t need a mini muffin pan but it really helps!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat until onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Lightly beat egg in a large bowl, then combine with chicken, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, breadcrumbs, and parsley.
- Add the onions and garlic and form 12 meatballs (or more if you like 'em tiny) and arrange in a mini muffin tin or glass bakeware.
- Bake at 400° in upper third of oven until meatballs are just cooked through, 10 to 20 minutes depending on size.
- Stir into sauce to keep warm if serving with pasta but they can be eaten as is if you prefer.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/