I’m not much for salads but this is one I would pass up dinner to eat. Usually I see caprese appetizers which seems fiddly to make and annoying. Even though there’s only a few ingredients doesn’t mean it’s not perfect. Also the switch to cherry tomatoes makes it much easier to eat I feel.
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound small fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl add all ingredients and toss to combine.