This is a very mild but filling soup which comes out quite creamy. It’s the perfect compliment to a winter afternoon and keeps well in the freezer.
- 1 onion
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions until browned in a small amount of butter (or olive oil).
- After the onions have cooked clear, add the carrots, 6 cups of stock, califlower and spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the milk and flour to it.
- Cook the mixture while whisking over medium heat until it boils.
- Add the white mixture to the soup, simmer for 5-10 minutes and then add the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/