Just a simple stew that is pretty much a one-pot meal with its own gravy. Really good with biscuits or a bread product.
Chicken and Carrot Stew
- 1-1.5lb chicken (I used thigh and took out the bones)
- 4 large carrots
- 2 tsp oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup cream
- fennel, dill, salt, pepper, rosemary (or whatever you like) to taste
- Peel and chop carrots in to reasonably thin slices. Boil carrots in salted water for about 6 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- De-bone chicken and chop in to 1 inch pieces and place in a large pot on medium with the oil, flour, paprika, and thyme. Saute until chicken is coated and browned on the outside.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice and let boil down for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, broth, and mustard and let cook for about 12-15 minutes until thickened and carrots are soft.
- Add the cream, cook for 2 more minutes until combined and then add seasoning to taste.
- You can add any other soft vegetables to this when you add in the carrots. I make rosemary biscuits to go with this but any bread would be really great.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/