This is probably not super authentic but this is the vindaloo recipe my mother and I both use. It’s quick, delicious and can be as spicy as you want.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbs garlic chili paste
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 c hot water
- Mix first 8 ingredients into a paste.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and saute onion 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken and fry chicken until browned.
- Add tomato paste, sugar and 1/2 cup hot water and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add water as needed to make a thick sauce and when done serve over cooked rice.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/