This is less a recipe and more a delicious way to impress people with very little work and for relatively cheap. It’s gluten free, it can be easily vegan or soy free or dairy free if you get the right chocolate so it’s perfectly for almost everyone (unless you have a chocolate or citrus fruit allergy).
- 1kg mandarins, oranges, or other citrus fruit, peeled and sectioned
- 300g good chocolate, melted
- salt (I used pink salt but kosher salt or any other nice salt will do)
- Dip the fruit halfway in the melted chocolate and gently roll and tap so the chocolate doesn't run.
- Let the chocolate set for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with salt while still drying.
- Repeat the process until you've coated all the pieces and then allow them to set for at least 2 hours before moving.
- Using blood oranges or other citrus will up the fancy level of this recipe by a lot also.