Got some corn from our CSA this week and lately we were just eating it as cream corn or roasted with a little butter and spices so I decided to mix it up wit this recipe.
- 3-4 cobs of fresh corn (about 2-3 cups of actual kernels)
- 2 eggs, separated
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Take the kernels off your corn cobs and place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Separate your eggs, and whisk your egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks, flour, salt, pepper and sugar to the corn and stir until mixed.
- Fold in the egg white to the rest of the mixture, careful next to overstir.
- Put a pan on low heat, grease the pan with a small amount of butter or oil and place 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the pan. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite type of savory or sweet sauce depending on your tastes.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/