Flavorful, earthy, and homey this crockpot meal comes together without any fuss.
Crockpot Chicken and Barley
- 3 large carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/4 lb bone in chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearled barley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Chop all the vegetables and place in the bottom of a 4/5 quart crockpot
- Place chicken breasts on vegetables. Add remaining ingredients except seasonings.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting for about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove meat from bones and chop into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces; discard bones.
- Stir chicken back in to soup and add seasonings to the stew.
- Put heat to high and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is thoroughly heated
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/