This is an easy and delicious recipe for a little something special to go with dinner. The taste is somewhat mild but it’s a nice, soft bread that is pretty addicting to eat.
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rising dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, proof the yeast by combining it with the warm water and sugar. Stir gently to dissolve. Let stand 3 minutes until foam appears.
- Turn mixer on low and slowly add the flour and salt.
- Pour in 1/4 cup olive oil. When the dough starts to come together, increase the speed to medium.
- Stop the machine periodically to scrape the dough off the hook. Mix until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding flour as necessary.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and fold over itself a few times. Form the dough into a round and place in an oiled bowl, turn to coat the entire ball with oil so it doesn't form a skin. Cover with plastic wrap or damp towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Coat a sheet pan with a little olive oil and corn meal. Once the dough is doubled and domed, turn it out onto the counter. Roll and stretch the dough out to an oblong shape about 1/2-inch thick. Lay the flattened dough on the pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush the surface with more olive oil and then add toppings as desired. Bake on the bottom rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/