Kinpira is basically a style that boils down to “sauté and simmer” so naturally that’s all it is. In this one I used turnips and carrots but any root vegetables sliced thinly will do. This makes a really quick and tasty side dish and a nice way to sneak in some extra veggies.
- 3 large carrots, julienned
- 2 medium sized turnips, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- oil (I used shallot oil for extra flavor)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a skillet or pan add a small coating of oil and add the turnips and carrots with a pinch of salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add soy sauce, cover again, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Toss in the sesame seeds to serve.