This is my first new recipe since January which is nice and embarrassing on my part but at least I got off the ground right? This soup is an interesting twist on an old favorite. It’s hearty and warm. Pictures are thanks to my new phone which is also a camera making it easier to share images quickly!
1/2 lb shaped pasta
1 jar pasta sauce
1 lb ground turkey
2 cups chicken stock
2 1/2 c water
1 tbs oregano
4 tbs italian seasoning
1 c ricotta cheese
1 tbps parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a soup pot brown the meat with a bit of olive oil.
2. Once the meat is brown, add to the pot add the pasta, sauce, stock, water and spices over medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. While the soup cooks, mix together the ricotta, parsley, and egg.
4. Stir in the ricotta mixture and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add salt, pepper and parmesan to taste.