I’m going to level with you that if you can just buy matzo where you are, there just isn’t a reason to make it. It tastes pretty close to the same, if not just a touch fresher. In this way the recipe is easy but not amazing. Also if you’re anything like me, you will never be able to make this kosher for Passover because you’re both too clumsy and too slow. It’s something worth doing once as a curiosity I think.
- 540 grams flour
- 2 grams kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 180-235ml warm water
- Preheat the oven 250°C and preheat a pizza stone.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until everything comes together to form a dough. Add more flour or water to adjust.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece as thin as possible with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
- Use a fork to prick holes in the dough then place onto the pizza stone.
- Bake on each side about 1 minute until the surface of the matzoh browns and bubbles.