I’m sure there’s only about 1000 recipes for turkey burgers. In the end it’s basically a reverse meatloaf in some ways but I also thought these burgers came out perfectly and they took less time than I assumed. By adding some finely chopped vegetables to the recipe, I think it keeps them moist while also stretching the amount of burgers you get from a pound of meat.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper
- Mix all but the turkey together in a bowl and let the mixture sit 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey, mix everything together thoroughly then divide in to 6 portions and shape in to patties.
- Fry patties in a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium-high for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.