This is such an easy recipe I made it quite late at night and then it was gobbled up but it was a clever use for turnips (a food neither of us had really liked before).
- 2-3 slices bread
- 4-6 turnips, washed, peeled, and sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 4 oz grated cheese (any type, but quite strong flavored is best)
- seasoning to taste
- Slice the turnip into to thin slices then boil for 3-5 minutes in salted water. When done, drain and set aside.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish (I used a 9x9 clear pan) with olive oil and half the bread.
- On top of the bread put a thin layer of turnips, then a layer of onions, then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat one more time: bread, turnips, onions, cheese. Salt and pepper on top as well as any other toppings.
- Bake in the oven at 325 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- I actually put garlic and paprika in the middle layer as well (on top of the onions) for a little more flavor.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/