This Victoria Sponge Cake recipe is so easy to make gives absolutely delicious results. It’s butter and not too dry and delicious with a healthy heap of cream.
Victoria Sponge Cake
- 170g butter softened to room temperature or stork
- 170g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170g self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 200ml double cream, whipped
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 17x28cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the flour, eggs and milk and stir until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Cut the cake into rounds with a circular cutter. Cut each of these round in half.
- Layer your cakes with jam, cream, cake top, and then top with more cream and icing sugar.
Mab Made Food http://www.mabdese.net/bento/